Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 30: Long weekend!

My sister is in Town! Woo hoo!

And Monday is a holiday for us, (to keep all the terms the same, they need to take 2 extra days during this term as there're no stat holidays).

But I'm heading to the Shangri-la hotel on Sunday evening to do my first "observation", although you don't just observe - they'll be putting me right to work. What'll I do? Dice 20 bags of carrots? Shuck a few dozen oysters? Help on the grill line? I'll know on Sunday!

There should be come cool food  though, as it'll be Valentine's day. Although I'm worried they'll be so busy and I'll just be in the way.

In the meantime, the Olympics are underway!

My 3D holographic Terry Fox didn't light the torch. I was disappointed actually. Why wasn't Rick Hansen involved in the actual torch lighting? Why did VANOC come out and publicly say it wouldn't be Wayne Gretzky, and then it was? And then there was that malfunction at the pinnacle of the torch lighting.  Lots of Drama!

And the Chinese set the bar to impossible levels in Beijing. I watched their opening and closing ceremonies twice!

(Pictures to follow.)

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment