Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day On the Bosphorus




This afternoon I went over to Ortakoy for a little last minute shopping, (Yes I know it's Christmas Day, but Mel doesn't come till tomorrow!) These pictures are looking back over the Bosphorus towards my neighborhood, Sultanahmet, or the Old City. Isn't that sky gorgeously dramatic? One of the many reasons why I love this city.

In the first and second pictures you'll see the dome and minarets of Haghia Sophia, my apartment is just 3 blocks from there.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! My best to you and Melanie--Merry Christmas!

    Brian K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so beautiful! I hope I get such nice weather when I come. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Cant wait to hang out with you soon.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete