Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pop Culture+Science=Meme


Jonny 

"Meme-theorists contend that memes evolve by natural selection (similarly to Darwinian biological evolution) through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance influencing an individual entity's reproductive success. So with memes, some ideas will propagate less successfully and become extinct, while others will survive, spread, and, for better or for worse, mutate."

I never pass memes on, but this week I was actually reading about them here,  and actually I find the concept fascinating. So in honor of science, pop-culture and something to blog about, here's one that was sent to me this week...
1. Where is your cell phone? Not sure right now, oh there it is – on the table.
2. Your significant other? On the sofa across from me.
3. Your hair? up in a bun due to the heat.
4. Your skin? Hot and sweaty – it’s a humid, sticky night.
5. Your mother? Has quit smoking!!!! I'm so proud!
6. Your favorite thing? My computer.
7. Your dream last night? Strange but funny.
8. Your favorite drink? Lattes! 
9. Your dream/goal? Buy a house/get a studio.
10. The room you're in? Living room
11. Strangest item in your fridge? Holy water from Mecca.
12. Your fear? Boredom
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? In my studio creating things.
14. Where were you last night? Here at home with friends
15. What you're not? Easily impressed
16. Muffins? I prefer cheesecake – lemon!
17. One of your wish list items? An air conditioner
18. Where you grew up? Naramata
19. The last thing you did? Watch a summer rainstorm
20. What are you wearing? Black dress
21. Your TV? On it’s last legs. Showing Turkish sitcoms at the moment.
22. Your pets? Jonny RIP :-(
23. Your computer? Mac
24. Your life? Enviable!
25. Your mood? Relaxed agitation. (It makes sense to me.)
26. Missing someone? Always
27. Your car? No thanks - prefer public transport in Istanbul.
28. Something you are not wearing? Make-up
29. Unfulfilled dream? Northern India, Indonesia, Nepal, China, Sri Lanka, Oman to start…
30. Your favorite season? Without a doubt, spring
31. Where you’d like to be? Right now? Hanging out with my sister.
32. Last vacation? Quick trip to Greece
33. Your favorite color? Can’t pick, I love them all!
34. When is the last time you laughed? I laugh everyday, but the only people who can make die laughing are my Mom, my Dad and my Sis. We all have he same weird sense of humor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment